Thursday, October 19, 2006

Interverbal: Where This Blog is Headed

The recent birthday of this blog prompted me to think about where this blog has been and where it is headed. In the last year it has become evident that there is a level of readership here, which I did not expect or plan for. For a short time recently I wondered if now was the right time to stop posting to Interverbal and focus solely on my research and professional activities.

After some thought, I decided that this point hasn’t come yet and that I still had many projects I would like to do on this blog. I composed a comprehensive list of projects that I intend for the future both near and far.

Some of these will be controversial with some folks e.g. (#6, 7, 8, 10, 22), however, hopefully good discussion will arise from such.

1 Respect Meme: 5 Simple Questions. 1 day

2 A Review of Rick Rollins Latest. 3 Days

3 The Return of Dr. Seuss Inspired Epidemiology Poetry. Late November

4 A Description of Autism Related Testing. Early December

5 At the Bar with B.F. Skinner. Christmas

6 A Review of Chomsky’s Critique of Skinner’s Verbal behavior. New Year’s Day

7 A Review of Facilitated Communication Literature. Late January

8 A Look at Autism Advocacy. Winter

9 New Autism Fallacies. Winter

10 A Review of Informed Consent. Spring

11 At the Bar with Freud. Distant Future

12 At the Bar with Jung. Distant Future

13 At the Bar with Carl Rogers. Distant Future

14 Book Review of “The Empty Fortress”. Distant Future

15 Book Review of “Infantile Autism”. Distant Future

16 Book Review of “Dibs: In Search of Self”. Distant Future

17 Book Review of “Children with Emerald Eyes”. Distant Future

18 Book Review of “Early Childhood Autism”. Distant Future

19 A Comparison of Early Autism Criteria. Distant Future

20. A Listing of Behavior Analytic Autism Articles. Distant Future

21 A review of GF/CF Diet Literature. Distant Future

22 A Look at Where Autism has Been and Where it is Going. Distant Future

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you decided to keep Interverbal going.

All the projects on your list (even--no, especially--the controversial ones) are exciting.

5:41 PM  
Blogger Alyric said...

Hi John

Sure some of it's controversial, but it all looks really interesting, particularly 5,6 and 7.

Cheers

Al
PS Happy belated Birthday

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me add to the chorus! You do excellent work here and I'm happy to know there will be more of it.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Estee Klar-Wolfond said...

Wow. I'm impressed with your organization!

Es

12:07 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Good heavens! I don't plan that far ahead. I mean, I have a few proto-ideas percolating in an Ideas folder, a couple of thoughts scribbled on my To Do card. Generally a post just grabs me by the lapels and demands to be written. My Muses can be real taskmasters that way!

5:43 PM  
Blogger Usethebrains Godgiveyou said...

The book reviews will be interesting to me...

12:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home