Thursday, September 23, 2010

Help Vote

"There are two subjects, indeed, which I shall claim a right to further as long as I breathe: the public education, and the sub-division of counties into wards.
-Thomas Jefferson

I am writing in appeal that the readers will help with our PAWS program. The Presenting Academics with Success (PAWS) Program is an ambitious notion bringing together broad segments of the community to benefit elementary aged students. The PAWS program uses High School students, grandparent volunteers, and University Students to serve as academic tutors and appropriate role-models for our students. The PAWS volunteers will serve in a variety of sub-programs such as additional classes during the summer for at-risk students, English as a Second Language, Special Education, and afterschool/homework club.

After having seen the mock-up for the program this summer and having noted the measurable increases in student performance, I strongly urge everyone to help us pursue funding via a Pepsi Refresh grant. We need more votes to win and gain the grant money. One can vote by simply sending a text to the number 73774, and enter 102480 as the message. Or go to www.refresheverything.com
Go under the $250,000 category and vote for the PAWS program. You can vote once per day.

4 Comments:

Anonymous christschool said...

I'll vote for the program. I still think you're wrong about the methods used by the JRC though.

7:53 AM  
Blogger Interverbal said...

I truly appreciate the vote.

12:48 PM  
Anonymous Jake Crosby said...

Hello Mr. Semetko, good luck with your program - I'm sure it's for a good cause.

I left a response to your comment over at the Alternative some time ago and have not received a reply. Of course, it was because you left me a response at the beginning of the summer and I did not reply until the end - as it was a very busy season for me. I rather enjoyed our discussion and would appreciate it if you could reply to my comment, here, thanks:
http://www.bloomingtonalternative.com/articles/2010/04/18/10373#comment-3883

PS: You could just delete this comment - I don't expect you to let yourself be outed on your own blog.

6:17 PM  
Blogger Interverbal said...

Hi Jake,

Thanks for the kind words about our program. You are right, it will do a lot folks a lot of good.

Also, it is okay to use my correct name here. "Interverbal" is simply my nome de blog.

No worries about the busy summer. I hope it was restful and productive. I will take a look and post soon. However, I recommend we find another venue if the coversation will continue at length.

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home