Wednesday, July 02, 2008

So.. Lincoln or Darwin?

I just finished reading an outstanding comparative piece, looking
at Lincoln and Darwin. It asks who was the more influential man.
Despite being an inherently absurd question and leading to the inevitable
peeing contest in the comments, the article is simply just excellent. It is also
mostly accurate.

Coming from a scientific and skeptical viewpoint, it is excellent to see Darwin's
life presented correctly in a major media source. Also, the comments are great deal
of fun. Put on a hard hat and grab some popcorn and have at it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Alyric said...

Yes well, I'd leave the popcorn and opt for some body armour instead. Some 'discussion'!

8:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't read it yet, but it would be interesting for me to read. Charles Darwin a man who believed in Survival of the Fittest and Abraham Lincoln who was trying to unite a nation which had split.

I think that I have the article at home and I believe its in TIME magazine, right?

Anyway, Have a Happy Fourth of July!

6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home